Re: Things That Might Be More Fun Than This Thread

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 12:53:10 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> Things that might be more fun than this thread:
>
> 1) Pie. Pecan pie is really good, and also chocolate pie. However,
> when they put chocolate in pecan pie, it's not that good. Be warned!
>
> 2) The new XBox 360 is out. A friend has one and it's really
> impressive,
> especially on an HDTV. Myself, I only have an XBox 180; I really
> like the Burnout series, and Star Wars Battlefront.
>
> 3) Movies. Unfortunately, the summer movie season wasn't very good.
> All during "X-Men III," I was rooting for Magneto. The entirety of
> "The Da Vinci Code" can be summed up by this one line Tom Hanks
> utters 2/3 of the way through the movie: "We've got to get to a
> library right away." There, just I saved you $9.
>
> Instead of current movies, you might consider renting
> some classics. If you're not familiar with the films of
> Humphrey Bogart, you're really missing something. Go rent
> "The Big Sleep"; it's wonderful. It doesn't matter that you
> can't figure out what's happening. Follow it up with
> "The Maltese Falcon." You won't be able to figure out
> that one either, but you won't care.
>
> 4) Google Image Search for Scarlett Johanson.
> http://images.google.com/images?q=scarlett+johanson
>
> You'll be glad you did.

Marshall, you forgot 5) Poking out your own left eyeball with a sharpened stick.

And what makes you think the summer movie season has even started?

The sucky movies always come out early in an effort to avoid competing with the good ones. Received on Sat Jun 03 2006 - 14:53:10 CEST

Original text of this message