Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 03:48:13 GMT

HungryLion wrote:

> Frank Hamersley wrote:
>

>>I just stumbled over this exchange from Oct 2005 on the TRM...
>>
>> http://www.dbms2.com/2005/10/10/17/
>>
>>It was authored by a "Curt Monash" - is he known to any CDT'ers and/or
>>credible?
>>
>>Is there any veracity in _any_ of the claims made by _any_ of the parties?
>>
>>Given lots of mud gets flung as the discussion proceeds so I wondered if
>>there was any corroborative or contrary sources.
>>
>>Cheers, Frank.
>

> The whole Pascal/Date/Darwen thing is a cult. ...

This is the kind of name-calling that fp's so-called opponents are into (partly because their flim-flam is devoid of competent questions). The main reason is that a small minority of them are brighter, in a devious way, than the rest of the crowd and realize that the biggest threat to the various nonsense they peddle is what he says. Should this get back to their relatively naive employers and customers there would be big questions to answer which they couldn't. So they try to tear down the man with various slurs and drown him out with a lot of noise because they haven't much else to offer. Talk about cults - the sinister minority works hard at cultivating a loud crowd majority to be their flunkies. I'll bet most of the flunkies slinging mud, such as this apparent wannabe, don't even know their strings are being pulled.

Quoting the Alphora man on physical independence doesn't do much to disparage fp as much of what everything he writes about is on the logical and the rest is about conceptual modelling.

  No suprise that their

> members here abide by the motto "Go ye, and debunk".  Typical cult
> behaviour.   And like all cults the idea is to seperate the fools from
> their money.  The TRM baloney serves two purposes:
> a) Hype to sell books (Dates 8th version)  b) IMplementation issues in
> regards to their manifesto

Good example of the usual anti-fp BS - manifesto doesn't talk about trm at all, pre-dated it by quite a few years. Using TRM to attack p/d/d is bogus.

p Received on Sat May 13 2006 - 05:48:13 CEST

Original text of this message