Re: TRM - Morbidity has set in, or not?

From: HungryLion <hungrylion_at_mailnew.com>
Date: 12 May 2006 20:06:46 -0700

Frank Hamersley wrote:
> I just stumbled over this exchange from Oct 2005 on the TRM...
>
> http://www.dbms2.com/2005/10/10/17/
>
> It was authored by a "Curt Monash" - is he known to any CDT'ers and/or
> credible?
>
> Is there any veracity in _any_ of the claims made by _any_ of the parties?
>
> Given lots of mud gets flung as the discussion proceeds so I wondered if
> there was any corroborative or contrary sources.
>
> Cheers, Frank.

The whole Pascal/Date/Darwen thing is a cult. No suprise that their members here abide by the motto "Go ye, and debunk". Typical cult behaviour. And like all cults the idea is to seperate the fools from their money. The TRM baloney serves two purposes: a) Hype to sell books (Dates 8th version) b) IMplementation issues in regards to their manifesto

Why waste time with this cult when they have nothing to offer in comparison with *real* researchers.
Go to the leonid libkin site, or seek out hartmann, link, etc. Thats just a few among many. Anyways this from the alphora newsgroup server:

alphora.dataphor.dae

Johan,

Let me expand a little. I've seen an impressive prototype of the technology
and have gleaned about as much about the technology as we've been able to.
Though we do think the technology is interesting, we do not believe it is
necessarily the ultimate solution for Physical Data Independence. Instead,
in truth it seems to represent an optimization for access patterns of a

certain variety (just as B-Trees do for another variety). It is our position that the ultimate solution is not a certain access pattern, but
rather unlimited variability between the logical and the physical. Do a
search for GMAP for a taste.

Best,

--
Nathan Allan [Alphora]