From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 11:05:58 GMT

"Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147051305.405059.31870_at_v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com...
> While I appreciate VC and others' erudite refutations (really!) for
> me the issue is much simpler.
>
> Does programming language X have natural join? Does it allow
> me to use the relational algebra in a way that is at least as
> easy at it is in SQL?

Comments like this always bring me back to DEC Datatrieve. Natural join in Datatrieve
was easier than it was in SQL up to 1992. Datatrieve was ahead of its time. For me,
it provided a bridge between languages without a natural join, and ones with a natural join. Received on Mon May 08 2006 - 13:05:58 CEST

Original text of this message