Re: Shared game-data

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Apr 2006 11:24:55 -0700

> I asked for elaboration of your questions, and you refused to elaborate. Instead, you did some handwaving about normalization, which is totally irrelevant to the current discussion.

Bob, you are clue-less. In some game programming, performance requirements out weigh the need to normalize data.

> The RM is the best formalism currently available to handle the problem of data management.

Yup, you got to love them NULLs. Thank you Bob & Codd!

> If these realms manage data yet do not use the RM, then I respectfully point out that your statement above regarding 'all branches of...' is nothing more than empty vanity.

And I respectfully point out that your statement above regarding RM being applicable to 'all branches of ...' is nothing more than insanity.

> That they would laugh at their own ignorance doesn't speak very highly for the practitioners in these fields.

Yeah, I know what you mean about RM fanatics :) Received on Sun Apr 30 2006 - 20:24:55 CEST

Original text of this message