Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:16:02 GMT

Frank wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Marshall Spight wrote:
>>
>>I would like better integration between application languages and data
>>management languages as a means of improving our application languages.
>>Let's empower application programmers to operate closer to the level of
>>intent.
>
> I agree, my wishlist:
> - Garbage collecting in the database (removal of functional outdated
> data, not only by constraints)
> - Compile-time constraint checks
> - Transactions in the programming language.

I don't really understand your wishlist. I have never met a dbms managing a well-designed database that had a garbage accumulation problem, and the internal details seem rather secondary to me. Of course, as much compile-time checking as possible almost goes without saying.

I would prefer a programming language that separates the 'what' from the 'how' and that automates as much of the 'how' as possible. Received on Fri Apr 21 2006 - 08:16:02 CDT