Re: We have a troll

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 09:09:44 GMT

Mark Johnson wrote:

> "-CELKO-" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Short, curt, brutal.

> But that describes quite a few who post here, and frankly on any ng.

Mark,

Compuserve forums were mostly run by commercial entities. So, for instance, I once observed a Microsoft employee in the MS Access forum say basically:

"I do not understand your design or what you are trying to do, but here is how you should do it."

She then proceeded to provide detailed design advice at quite some length.

I was elfed or banned from the forum for pointing out the absurdity of giving detailed design advice on the basis of admitted ignorance.

Celko is an ignorant who habitually dropped long passages of off-topic jibberish that he copied and pasted from elsewhere. It was a technique he used to make himself look smart without being smart and without putting in any effort. The text he pasted was sufficiently long, dry and convoluted, nobody would ever read more than a sentence or two.

Since the material was generally off-topic and full of errors, responding to it was pointless. If one made the herculean effort to identify and explain the myriad errors, he would simply reply with an even longer off-topic block of erroneous text.

Fabian was often banned for pointing out Celko's ignorance and the bankruptcy of his 'technique' of self-promotion. Pointing out that someone like Celko or Wolthuis is an ignorant quack does not fit with the happy 'Stepford' image most commercial interests want for their online forums.

I see that fuckhead Celko is still trying to get mileage from the horseshit he spread so liberally. Received on Tue Mar 21 2006 - 10:09:44 CET

Original text of this message