Re: We have a troll

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 19:27:46 -0800

"-CELKO-" <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

>Short, curt, brutal.

But that describes quite a few who post here, and frankly on any ng. Such is the 'climate' of discourse, these days. Most everyone has commented on it around the web, in newspapers and books, etc.

Unless you have archives of those messages, I don't know how to find them. The closest I can get is in second hand comments on the web, where one substantive complaint seemed to be that he wanted people to 'buy the book', his book, which I'm sure you'll agree he's not necessarily wrong for saying. In others, they suggested that he felt people hadn't done their homework and that their opinions should not count as much as those who had, or who had a lot of experience. But if true, again, that's not necessarily unreasonable. The give and take he'd get from certain people (he could reasonably ignore everyone else) in a forum, particularly one unmoderated as this, might be very useful. Perhaps he's just written this off, as perhaps have many who otherwise would post here; or maybe more to the point, who had, in earlier years.

Anyhow. Nuff said on this. Received on Sat Mar 04 2006 - 04:27:46 CET

Original text of this message