Re: Sad, but true ... (???)

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 02:03:04 GMT

David Cressey wrote:
> "Frank Hamersley" <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message

>>David Cressey wrote:
>>>"Bob Hairgrove" <invalid_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message

>>>Now it's time for "Stupid XML Tricks".  That should be a real live one.
>>
>>Where's the sport in that?
>>
>>The XML canvas is so broad and the cost of entry so close to free that
>>any loon will be able to produce a stoopidity!

> Yeah, but coming up with the top ten should be a real challenge!
>
>>At least with C++ and VB they have to get it past the compiler!

>>Ah well - bring it on (the deluge that is)!  Frank.

> I'm not going to do it. I have refrained from learning XML.

What? You can't spare 30 seconds!

> I don't mean
> any disdain by saying that. It's just that I wait a while before deciding
> to learn something. And it's not clear to me just what an extensible markup
> language would buy me.

IMO it has a place, but the XML proponents has gone way beyond that. I suspect its simplicity is beguiling and ppl have lowered their guard to the point they now use it to do silly stuff.

Cheers, Frank. Received on Sun Feb 26 2006 - 03:03:04 CET

Original text of this message