Re: Sad, but true ... (???)

From: David Cressey <>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:04:04 GMT

"Frank Hamersley" <> wrote in message news:mbOLf.15533$
> David Cressey wrote:
> > "Bob Hairgrove" <> wrote in message
> >

> >>Here's how to use XML in your database (...NOT!):
> >
> > Hey! It's time to update "Stupid Database Tricks!" (I just had
> > to mention that thread in another discussion forum).
> >
> > Now it's time for "Stupid XML Tricks". That should be a real live one.
> Where's the sport in that?
> The XML canvas is so broad and the cost of entry so close to free that
> any loon will be able to produce a stoopidity!

Yeah, but coming up with the top ten should be a real challenge!

> At least with C++ and VB they have to get it past the compiler!

> Ah well - bring it on (the deluge that is)! Frank.

I'm not going to do it. I have refrained from learning XML. I don't mean any disdain by saying that. It's just that I wait a while before deciding to learn something. And it's not clear to me just what an extensible markup language would buy me. Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 16:04:04 CET

Original text of this message