Re: Database design

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:10:22 GMT

"Mark Johnson" <102334.12_at_compuserve.com> wrote in

> No, it wasn't. So I asked him for some clarification, as you can see
> above. And then you butted in. And why you try to clog up this ng with
> such pointless messages as this, is still beyond me. It's uncalled
> for. It's beyond pointless. If you can say nothing other than things
> like this, maybe you should post to some other threads where you might
> contribute something, instead. That sounds like a fair suggestion.

Mark,

for what it's worth, I don't think you are trolling. But several other regulars in this n.g. whose opinions I greatly respect, do think you are trolling.

If you will review the history of this n.g. you will see that mAsterdam has been instrumental in compiling a glossary that helps prevent repeats of the same terminology issues over and over again. That contribution alone would mark him (her?) as someone worthy of respect. In addition, I'll say that mAsterdam is not given to participating in meta-discussions. His participation in this one should not be taken lightly.

I think we do need to bring this meta-discussion to a close. And I think you need to help. Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 09:10:22 CST