Re: Database design

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:50:52 -0800

"David Cressey" <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote:

>If you will review the history of this n.g. you will see that mAsterdam has
>been instrumental in compiling a glossary that helps prevent repeats of the
>same terminology issues over and over again. That contribution alone would
>mark him (her?) as someone worthy of respect.

Except that, and while I appreciate you seeing things as they really are, he too just leapt to the defense of the sort of behavior to which I was forced to object.

And you'll see that I also did attempt to offer some suggestions, weak as they may be, for his glossary. Whether he deems all of that to be of any use, is his call. But I appreciate what he was attempting and I I tried to contribute. I can do no more.

As for trying to stop these sort of absurd back n forth threadlets, believe me, I'm in complete agreement. But I can't just let such attacks go without reply. You'll remember in the Clinton whitehouse that they had an entire staff ready to go to rebut any charges they deemed to be erroneous or unfair. As least in that, I think they were right. You can't just let this stuff go unchecked. But you will also see that I conclude most every message with the idea that this is just not something anyone in their right mind should pursue, and that the person making such accusations, or defending them, should just stop, regain some composure, and perhaps just pick things up in another thread, dealing with issues, with facts and arguments, but not - not - with personalities. Let these sidebar threadlets - die. Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 20:50:52 CET

Original text of this message