Re: Data Redundancy

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 19:44:55 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Marshall Spight wrote:

> > To my mind,
> > SQL handles this case just about perfectly. It was exactly the
> > example that made me want to investigate SQL in the first place,
> > after I had been pointing at it and laughing for quite some time.
>
> And here I went the other direction, assumed it deserved my respect
> (and it does) and promoted it then experienced that it just wasn't
> quite up to par on some important fronts like developer productivity
> and cost of ownership. If it isn't as practical in these respects as
> other approaches, even if it has some elegance, then I would rather
> keep it in the lab (or perhaps competitors' shops) until it is. --dawn

And just how did you experience that? Was it direct experience in projects that you participated in or led? Or was it a recounting of projects that you only heard about through others?

How did you figure out that it wasn't "up to par"? What was your basis for comparison?
And how do you account for all those projects that have been successful, using the same tools? Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 20:44:55 CET

Original text of this message