Re: Data Redundancy

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2006 19:18:58 -0800

Jan Hidders wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, in which MV DBMSs would it be possible to specify
> a declarative integrity constraint that said that one relationship
> (emp->dept) is the inverse of the other relationship (dept->emp)? Or how
> else would you prevent inconsistency in your database?

That's the money question. How is this done in MV? To my mind, SQL handles this case just about perfectly. It was exactly the example that made me want to investigate SQL in the first place, after I had been pointing at it and laughing for quite some time.

Marshall Received on Thu Feb 16 2006 - 04:18:58 CET

Original text of this message