Re: Query execution for intervals

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:18:36 GMT

Tony Rogerson wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Nope, the point is that a column defined NULLable cannot be part of a
> primary key.

Fair enough - in my current incarnation we don't use the PK constraint thingummyjig - so I haven't burnt myself trying it with a nullable attribute.

> My real point is that celko makes fundemental mistakes all the time, yet, he
> bashes newbies who do the same - so, who bashes him? I think the more
> experienced among us need to pick him up on things and perhaps this
> arrogant, condesending and ignorant attitude he puts across to newbies might
> change.

None of us are reliably perfect - except me - well nearly :-) Most of the types I have seen him bash, in my limited reading of this NG, are most likely students trying to get their homework done by someone else. Why, even I have been tarred with the AH brush for having a dig at Date no less (never mind the substance just feel the length).

>>(Most definitely and by deliberate choice not an MVP - just my own
>>person)!

> I don't work to get the MVP, I just love helping people in the SQL community
> and especially here in the UK; Microsoft seem to want to keep giving me the
> award which has a lot of advantages ;)

Good luck - I am now quite antipathetic of all that is MS, having once been very favourably disposed - each to their own.

One day we should converse on the "ON DELETE SET NULL" that I understand SQL5 offers. But that is another thread, another day.

Cheers Frank. Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 14:18:36 CET

Original text of this message