Re: Which are the best books for data structures and algorithms for database

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 12:58:35 GMT

-CELKO- wrote:
> I have thought about writing a book on the internals of arious SQL
> implementations (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, SAND, and some
> interesting experimetnal ones). TRhink there would be a market for it?

Very limited - academia perhaps, most other newbs aren't interested in details - they just want the money shot!

Also most of the smart alec algorithms in use in such products are already described so this book would perhaps do some service in coalescing what is used in which product/version. Of course it would be out of date in 6 months except for SQL Server which takes 5 years ;-).

Thats my 2 bob...Frank. Received on Tue Feb 07 2006 - 13:58:35 CET

Original text of this message