Re: C# 3.0 with pseudorelational extensions

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Sep 2005 09:35:34 -0700

Alfredo Novoa wrote:
> It is a very big mess, but it has little to do with the typical OR
> mapper.
>
> The "queries" always return unidimensional arrays or scalar values, but
> we can write complex pseudorelational queries with compiler time
> checking.
>
> In my opinion it is a rather poor job in the right direction.

IMO, the most impressive part of the presentation was at the very end, when the talked about database organization of the developers code. "Select all the buttons and change their shape" didn't we ranted about it here 5 years ago? Therefore, it's not really about the integration of SQL with procedural programming (how can you embed high abstraction language with the framework of low one?), its extending the boundaries of database applications to novel areas. Received on Fri Sep 16 2005 - 18:35:34 CEST

Original text of this message