Re: Indexes and Logical design

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:12:23 +0200

Roy Hann wrote:
> David Cressey wrote:
>

>>And to me,  the reason I include indexes in logical models is precisely
>>due to these human factors,  and not because logic demands it.

> I too live in the horrible, messy, opinionated, perverse, deluded,
> intractably mis-informed Real World, so I have considerable sympathy for
> what you say. But given that this is a theory group, maybe we should invent
> a new model which includes indexes, say, the "political model". ;-)

Why not the "feasibility model"? Surely some - but not all - indexes will have to be studied very early on in large projects, just like some - but definitely not all - logic has to be crystallized from contradictory early wishes, demands and expectations. I see no reason to push indexes into the realm of logic of user data just because we need to study some of them early. We can explore them without putting them on the wrong shelve, can't we?