Re: Indexes and Logical design

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:31:02 +0100

"David Cressey" <david.cressey_at_earthlink.net> wrote in message news:0CSVe.12106$FW1.7250_at_newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> And to me, the reason I include indexes in logical models is precisely
due
> to these human factors, and not because logic demands it.

I too live in the horrible, messy, opinionated, perverse, deluded, intractably mis-informed Real World, so I have considerable sympathy for what you say. But given that this is a theory group, maybe we should invent a new model which includes indexes, say, the "political model". ;-)

We shall take it for granted that the political model is beyond the reach of reason and logic. The mob shall be its animus, moderated by bovine indifference and the need for a herd. That is where things not demanded by logic belong.

Roy Received on Wed Sep 14 2005 - 05:31:02 CDT