Re: O'Reilly interview with Date

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:00:24 -0700

On 9 Aug 2005 08:49:07 -0700, "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>Just a quick note: a now believe that the term "semi-structured"
>does actually have a legitimate use, although I will grant that
>most usages of the term one sees are not using the term in any
>formal way.
>
>"Semi-structured" data refers to data in a context where some
>of the structure of the data is visible to the application, and
>some is not.

     I am Canadian, but this is not generally relevant in this newsgroup. Since my Canadianness is not visible (unless I state it as I have done here), am I now semi-Canadian?

     This reminds me of the problem some have confusing scope and lifetime of variables.

     "relevant" is a better term. This data is relevant and that data is not relevant.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 19:00:24 CEST

Original text of this message