Re: O'Reilly interview with Date

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Aug 2005 10:11:49 -0700

Gene Wirchenko wrote:

> This reminds me of the problem some have confusing scope and
> lifetime of variables.

Interesting. How so?

> "relevant" is a better term. This data is relevant and that data
> is not relevant.

That's not quite right, though. Saying some part of the schema is not relevant implies we know what it is in this context but we choose not to consider it. Whereas "semi-structured" means we *don't* know what it is in this context.

Anyway, I think the *concept* as I've defined it is quite interesting. The specific choice of terms is not so important.

Marshall Received on Wed Aug 10 2005 - 19:11:49 CEST

Original text of this message