Re: sql views for denomalizing

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2005 19:50:14 -0700

Marshall Spight wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > Marshall Spight wrote:
> >
> > We might have beat this one to death at this
> > point. I'm definitely catching on that when I talk about a "data
> > model" and when someone else here talks about a "data model" we have
> > different pictures in our heads as to where that model might need to be
> > employed. Is that your sense as well?
>
> Yes. I've mostly been talking about the metamodel lately, and I think
> you're not drawing the distinction between the metamodel and a model
> built in the metamodel.

Yes, I realize I'm doing that -- I keep bringing it back to where I live, which is the floor below yours. I have read a bit on designing languages and enjoyed reading Watt's Programming Languages Design Concepts a few months back, but I'm very ignorant in that area and will have to learn a bit more, if I can get the interest & time to do so. Thanks. --dawn