From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_novoa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:38:28 +0200

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:02:20 GMT, Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be> wrote:

>>>If you restrict yourself to the structural side of the data model, i.e.,
>>>how data is structured, then they are the same. (With the additional
>>>remark that we are looking at the pure OODB data model
>>
>> Such a thing does not exist.
>
>Jan Van den Bussche , Jan Paredaens, The expressive power structured
>values in pure OODB's (extended abstract), Proceedings of the tenth ACM
>SIGACT-SIGMOD-SIGART symposium on Principles of database systems,
>p.291-299, May 29-31, 1991, Denver, Colorado, United States

I don't have access to such paper, but the OODB data model does not exist. OODB's use the network approach.

See:

Why “The Object Model' is Not a Data Model, RELATIONAL DATABASE WRITINGS 1994-1997 and:

http://www.dbdebunk.com/page/page/622923.htm

Regards Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 13:38:28 CEST

Original text of this message