From: Jan Hidders <jan.hidders_at_REMOVETHIS.pandora.be>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 19:24:09 GMT

Alfredo Novoa wrote:

>>>Such a thing does not exist.
>>
>>Jan Van den Bussche , Jan Paredaens, The expressive power structured
>>values in pure OODB's (extended abstract), Proceedings of the tenth ACM
>>SIGACT-SIGMOD-SIGART symposium on Principles of database systems,
>>p.291-299, May 29-31, 1991, Denver, Colorado, United States

> I don't have access to such paper, but the OODB data model does not
> exist. OODB's use the network approach.

I didn't say the OODB data model, I said the *pure* OODB data model.

The point of the paper is to show that on the leading conferences on database theory you can publish papers on the pure OODB data model and everybody will know what you are talking about. It is a wel-defined concept, there a a few different definitions but they only differ in minor points, it's well-understood, I know what it means and so do most researchers in the field, and people smarter than you and me publish papers about it. Describing that situation as "the concept does not exist" would be, well, slightly ridiculous.

  • Jan Hidders