Re: reader/writers lock/lockess - where to begin?

From: Toby Douglass <toby.douglass_at_summerblue.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 10:44:32 -0000

paul_at_test.com wrote:
> I wrote:
> > Any recommendations?

> By multiple writers you mean two users can update different rows
> simultaneously, or the same row (but different columns) at the same time?

I'm thinking much lower than that. This isn't something I'm looking for in a database. I'm thinking about say something very simple like a btree or list, which is just a foil for thinking about locking methods.

I've been pointed at JSR-166, which is a Java implimentation of a bunch of modern locking code, and that has given me an idea of the state of the art.

Basically, I don't want to end up thinking hard and spending lots of time to come up with something which has been done already.

--
Toby