Re: reader/writers lock/lockess - where to begin?

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:40:21 +0000

wibble_at_wibble.org wrote:
> I'm getting very interested in multiple reader/writer lock/lockless
> locking issues with regard to data structures.
>
> I'd like to find out what the state of the art is - in particular, with
> regard to supporting multiple concurrent writers.
>
> But I have *no* idea where to begin looking - on-line or in print. It's
> a hard subject to search for!
>
> Any recommendations?

You could start by searching for Multi-Version Concurrency Control (MVCC) - is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

By multiple writers you mean two users can update different rows simultaneously, or the same row (but different columns) at the same time?

Paul. Received on Fri Mar 18 2005 - 13:40:21 CET

Original text of this message