Re: The MySQL/PHP pair

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 09:30:10 -0600

"Dan" <guntermann_at_verizon.com> wrote in message news:urgjd.2584$mL1.2241_at_trnddc08...

> "Bill H" <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net> wrote in message
> > Laconic:
> >
> > "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message
> >
> > It's always easy to theorize about why Dawn "doesn't get it".
>
> Or sometimes, one doesn't have to theorize.
>
> "Here we go with the
> Relational Church analogy again, but it takes years of evangelizing to
> shift the hearts and minds with religion as firmly established as
> that. (For anyone who doesn't know, Dawn has considerable experience
> in both SQL and evangelizing religion, so I'll accept whatever she
> says on this.) :)"
>
> Gravagno, T. (25 Oct. 2004) Multivalue vs. relational databases.
> comp.databases.pick Usenet

What is your point in using Tony's quote, Dan? Many of those who know me tease me for being a preacher's wife. All of those who know me know that I am as religiously tolerant as any person who knows they are not always correct in their own thinking. I'm guessing it is more surprising to you that I was tagged with considerable SQL experience, eh?

> For those of
> > us who pay the bills, or don't go on vacation this year because they're
> > throwning cash down an IT "let's try this technology" drain, I find she
> > "gets it" a lot more clearly than some are willing to give her credit
for.

> I agree. Where those who are interested in "secular" truth and those
> interested in evangelizing shall meet, it is hard to tell. Personally, I
> think those whose objectives are evangelism have very little interest in
> other opinions or approaches; but that's just me.

I absolutely agree. Cheers! --dawn