Re: The MySQL/PHP pair

From: Dan <guntermann_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 03:15:38 GMT

"Bill H" <wphaskett_at_THISISMUNGEDatt.net> wrote in message news:099jd.362414$MQ5.163359_at_attbi_s52...
> Laconic:
>
> "Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message
>
> It's always easy to theorize about why Dawn "doesn't get it".

Or sometimes, one doesn't have to theorize.

"Here we go with the
Relational Church analogy again, but it takes years of evangelizing to shift the hearts and minds with religion as firmly established as that. (For anyone who doesn't know, Dawn has considerable experience in both SQL and evangelizing religion, so I'll accept whatever she says on this.) :)"

Gravagno, T. (25 Oct. 2004) Multivalue vs. relational databases. comp.databases.pick Usenet

For those of
> us who pay the bills, or don't go on vacation this year because they're
> throwning cash down an IT "let's try this technology" drain, I find she
> "gets it" a lot more clearly than some are willing to give her credit for.

I agree. Where those who are interested in "secular" truth and those interested in evangelizing shall meet, it is hard to tell. Personally, I think those whose objectives are evangelism have very little interest in other opinions or approaches; but that's just me.

> Just IMHO of course. :-)

Of course it is. Thanks!

> Bill

- Dan Received on Sun Nov 07 2004 - 04:15:38 CET

Original text of this message