Re: The MySQL/PHP pair

From: Dan <guntermann_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 00:42:25 GMT

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:me6dnRN17rbdCBbcRVn-hA_at_comcast.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.comREMOVE> wrote in message
>> "erk" <eric.kaun_at_pnc.com> wrote in message
>
> Attention, Dan:
> Dawn says that she has yet to PROVE all her concerns. That is why I give
> her the benefit of the doubt. I do not share all of Dawn's concerns.
> Perhaps she will learn something from us in the course of dialogue.
> Perhaps
> we will learn something from her. Perhaps c.d.t. is just the sounds of
> silence. Whatever will be, will be.

Hey, I think reasonable people can have reasonable conversations and a reasonable exchange of ideas. The "innocent" questions line grows a little old after a while, though, especially after the "innocence" is recycled over and over again. I don't claim to own this newsgroup, so I will leave it to the rest of you to determine what you find of value.

Dawn's "concerns" haven't changed much in the last year. She hasn't modified her position or her assertions at all as far as I can tell, even in the face of some very well articulated arguments (not mine), many of which of nothing really to do relational theory or a particular design methodology, per se. I have given her the benefit of the doubt for a year. Nothing has changed. This is not meant as a personal attack I think Dawn is a fine human being and she writes interesting things. I just feel no closer to "the truth" after reviewing exchanges. This is rather unsatisfying.

Best of luck.

  • Dan