Re: 4 the Faq: Strengths and Weaknesses of Data Models

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:25:57 -0400

"Kenneth Downs"

> But are any of those features directly tied to the RDM, or are they simply
> the result of RDB developers having more respect for the time and effort
of
> the developers?

It was essentially the same engineering team that built both products, although a few years apart.

All of the features that I drew attention to are a direct consequence of the difference between the RDM and the CODASYL DM.

Of course, DEC SW engineering interpreted "relational DBMS" in ways that some in this crowd dismiss as heretical or, even worse, commercial. Now ask me if I care. Received on Thu Oct 14 2004 - 20:25:57 CEST

Original text of this message