Re: pre-FAQ

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 08:01:56 +0200

Hi Dawn, how did the teaching job go?

Excellent, you provide answers too.
We can't reasonably expect Kenneth to provide all the answers. Answers are very welcome.

Dawn M. Wolthuis wrote:

> mAsterdam wrote:

>>Which questions and answers
>>would you like to see in the cdt FAQ?

> Q: Is this group related only to relational database theory?
> A: No.

Agreed.

> Q: What do we mean by "database"?
>
> Q: What do we mean by "theory"?

We can't very well escape those. Tough, though.

> Q: Is it appropriate to ask questions specific to a particular commercial
> database product in this forum?
> A: Probably not, however, referring to a specific implementation of a data
> model for the purpose of asking or answering a question might be
> appropriate.
>
> Q: Is name-calling permitted in this forum?
> A. This forum does have a history of name-calling, but we prefer more
> civility. Good-natured humor is welcome.

I have been reading (and at times contributing to) this newsgroup for half a year now, and though there were some incidents, I have seen worse.
People tend to treat eachother nicely.
Your posts date back half a year longer. I did some reading back older messages, it does seem to have improved. Any other impressions? Received on Mon Sep 27 2004 - 08:01:56 CEST

Original text of this message