Re: pre-FAQ

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 17:36:30 -0400

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:4156858b$0$559$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...

> To all regular readers of cdt:
> Which questions and answers
> would you like to see in the cdt FAQ?

What is a relational database?

Hey! Now that we've seen appeals to "authoritative references", we should start accepting or at least considering
defnitions from FOLDOC. After all, NIST signals FOLDOC as another source for listings. Here's a pointer to FOLDOC's definition of "relational database".

http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=Relational+database&action=Search

Note that it includes Oracle and RDB, my two favorite relational DBMS products in its listings. Hurrah! When I first got this forum I was lambasted for referring to Oracle as a "relational databases". Between Alfredo and Leandro, they tore me apart.

I'm glad to see my usage vindicated, by an "authoritative reference". Received on Mon Sep 27 2004 - 23:36:30 CEST

Original text of this message