Re: pre-FAQ

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:01:48 -0400

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message

> Which questions and answers
> would you like to see in the cdt FAQ?

It's easier for me to think of the answers I want to see, and then work backwards to the questions.
Maybe I watch "Jeopardy" too much.

Here are a few attempts:

"Is SQL a database language or an interface language?"

"What is the difference between logical design and physical design?"

"What is wrong with defining an attribute with two columns: ATTRIBUTE TYPE
and ATTRIBUTE VALUE?"

"What problems am I going to face if I build the One True Lookup Table?"

"How can I build a database that doesn't have to change when the subject
matter expands?"
(answer: don't)

"I know a lot about relational databases, but I'm having trouble modeling a
many to many relationship. How do I do that?" (ironic... but it IS "frequently asked")

"Is this the right newsgroup to ask simple problems in database design?"