Re: cdt FAQ?

From: Kenneth Downs <firstinit.lastname_at_lastnameplusfam.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:58:06 -0400

mAsterdam wrote:

> While where at it, would somebody be really nice and
> start a cdt FAQ?
>
> Candidate questions:
> 1. I have catalogue with products. Now I want a table-like thingy
> but columns should dynamically be added - is this a good idea?
>
> 2. I have hierarchic data - can I model this in a SQL-database?
>
> 3. Is a SQL database relational?
>
> 4. What are post-relational databases?
>
> To anyone who seriously considers maintaining it:
> I know for sure we *will* help you with its content.

I've done so before and would be happy to maintain it. I already have an auto-posting script in perl that I can run periodically to post it.

I am out of town for a week starting tommorrow, and will not be looking into cdt for that time, so I'll see if there is any active discussion when I get back.

--
Kenneth Downs
Use first initial plus last name at last name plus literal "fam.net" to