Tables and Views

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:09:20 -0400

In another discussion, the comparison between l-values and r-values was being made. Somebody said, "congratulations, you've invented the virtual expression"

That started me thinking down a different path:

What if we've been thinking backwards all these years. We've been saying, one way or another, that a view is an expression pretending to be a store.

How about looking at it the other way? How about viewing a table as a store pretending to be an expression?
Where does this lead? Received on Sat Sep 25 2004 - 17:09:20 CEST

Original text of this message