Re: Some Laws

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:46:45 -0400

"Gene Wirchenko" <genew_at_mail.ocis.net> wrote in message news:4ig8l0t8ka42o3jfqaolqi2270f1914ap4_at_4ax.com...
> Language.

> People.
>
> The two are different.

Agreed.

> I have heard a lot of attacks on BASIC. Many of them appear
> predicated on some of the types of people who use it. Nonetheless,
> that has little to do with the language. I use BASIC for quick,
> app-related utilities. It is more robust than C for such things. It
> is irrelevant to that who else uses BASIC. There are probably similar
> arguments for Java.

There's nothing wrong with BASIC that can't be cured by learning how to program! ;<)

Seriously, Dartmouth BASIC, along with CTSS (the compatible time sharing system) intoduced a whole generation of technical people to the joys of interactive program development. There were precursors, but like the Lisp garbage collectors, few had ever heard of them. Received on Fri Sep 24 2004 - 21:46:45 CEST

Original text of this message