Re: Some Laws

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:22:29 -0700

"Marshall Spight" <mspight_at_dnai.com> wrote:

>"robert" <gnuoytr_at_rcn.com> wrote in message news:da3c2186.0409231518.29479ecd@posting.google.com...

[snip]

>> in all, i like java.

     Language.

>I find this this statement hard to reconcile with you earlier one
>about the twinks and the lemmings.

     People.

     The two are different.

     I have heard a lot of attacks on BASIC. Many of them appear predicated on some of the types of people who use it. Nonetheless, that has little to do with the language. I use BASIC for quick, app-related utilities. It is more robust than C for such things. It is irrelevant to that who else uses BASIC. There are probably similar arguments for Java.

[snip]

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation: