About Itzik's "Maintaining Hierarchies"

From: Jonah Olsson <jonah_at_IHATESPAM.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 16:33:28 GMT

Hi all,

Many of my customers indicates that they want to switch to MySQL etc. in a near future. And since MySQL (among others) doesn't support Triggers, the idea of having triggers to maintain hierarchical data becomes a problem.

The article on "Maintaining Hierarchies" by Itzik (http://www.winnetmag.com/SQLServer/Articles/ArticleID/8826/pg/1/1.html) is such a problem. The article itself is excellent, but how can I keep the same integrity without using triggers, in perhaps MySQL?

/Jonah Olsson Received on Mon Sep 20 2004 - 18:33:28 CEST

Original text of this message