Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 7 Sep 2004 06:16:45 -0700

"Laconic2" <laconic2_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:<0umdnXtqrfNTy6HcRVn-jQ_at_comcast.com>...
> "Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message
>
> > I think that database system development should be the privilege of
> > people with at least an elementary knowledge on the basics of the data
> > management field.
>
> This is absurd. Intellectual effort is not a privilege. It's a right.

I am not talking about an intellectual effort, I am talking about a job that affects the life of many other people.

I am not talking about the database design only. I use database system as a synonym of "Information System".

And of course I am not talking about degrees of certifications. Unfortunately a degree does not guarantee knowledge, and fortunately there are very knowledgeable people without a degree or a certification.

Regards Received on Tue Sep 07 2004 - 15:16:45 CEST

Original text of this message