Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 08:23:03 -0400

"Alfredo Novoa" <alfredo_at_ncs.es> wrote in message news:e4330f45.0409060219.52b47c9c_at_posting.google.com...

> I think that database system development should be the privilege of
> people with at least an elementary knowledge on the basics of the data
> management field.

This is absurd. Intellectual effort is not a privilege. It's a right.

What should be limited is the deployment of a database, when that deployment will constrain the work done by other people later, when they are forced to conform to the limitations imposed by that databse. And the limitation should be based on the quality of the database, not on the qualifications of the database developer. Received on Mon Sep 06 2004 - 14:23:03 CEST

Original text of this message