Re: The IDS, the EDS and the DBMS

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 03:25:26 GMT

"Tony Andrews" <andrewst_at_onetel.com> wrote in message news:cha6ah$b9c_at_odak26.prod.google.com...
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> > I think it happens about the time they realize the bogosity of ORM.
>
> Do you mean "Object Role Modelling" (www.orm.net), or is there another
> meaning of ORM that I'm missing? If so, I thought that was a
> relatively little-known movement to supplant E-R analysis tools, not
> something most application programmers would be interested in.

Uh, sorry for being unclear. I mean "object-relational mapping." You know, those million-and-one projects on sourceforge to provide you with an object-based interface to your relational data, which comes merely at the cost of crippling the kinds of queries you can make.

Marshall Received on Sat Sep 04 2004 - 05:25:26 CEST

Original text of this message