Re: A Normalization Question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2004 14:24:51 -0700

> > To create an update anomaly, we need to perform an update. [...]
>
> You already gave the example before.

Yes, because it demonstrates an update anomaly.

> As already explained, it doesn't demonstrate an update anomaly
> in the usual meaning of the word. It only shows that a very specific
> update that very probably will never happen...

It isn't for a data model to decide what is usual or not, if it does, it is limited to some degree. A more general model (ie TM) will cover those updates that will very probably never happen, but can happen (ie update 'ccbrowne_at_ccbrowne.com' to 'moc.enworbbc_at_enworbbc'). Received on Sat Jul 17 2004 - 23:24:51 CEST

Original text of this message