Re: A Normalization Question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2004 14:29:44 -0700

> There are many things about your posts in this thread that
> I find stunningly ironic. One is that in your campaign to
> eliminate all physical redundancy, you post this same
> example over and over and over.

I find the above to be stunningly ironic as the data I keep presenting is at the logical layer and can be entered as such in most RM implementations. While physical things can probably be normalized at the hardware layer, I am not talking about normalizing thing at the hardware layer when I normalize symbols and strings represented at at the logical layer. RM is a logical model. Implementation of it attempt to keep users in the logical layer. Data entered in Sql Server or Oracle is at the logical layer, and that includes symbols and strings. Why do you keep insisting that RM's implementations are allowing user to enter non-logical data? Please explain how to determine which layer user-entered data in a RM db belongs to? Received on Sat Jul 17 2004 - 23:29:44 CEST

Original text of this message