Re: A Normalization Question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2004 14:09:34 -0700

> I consider it telling that all the examples you come up with are nonsensical.

I consider it telling that all the examples you percieve are nonsensical is indicative of a limit mind.

> WTF does "John obeys army" mean?

Its meaning is beyond your limited mind.

> How come your missing-data examples involve people with two
> different color eyes?

It doesn't, if person is missing an eye, only the remaining eye has a color.

> "'brown' is a string" is a proposition?

More correctly, 'brown' itself is a proposition. 'brown' is equivalent to the proposition 'brown is sequentially composed of b, r, o, w, n'. If you have a limited data model or mind, you may require the equivalent to be presented in atrribute values of a tuples or in the form of a sentence.

> In coherent stream of thought,

To a limited mind, the stream will seem incoherent.

> Have you ever had a job that involved data management?

Have you ever had a job that involved creating data models more general than RM?

> Clearly not...

Clearly not...

> which is why you don't have any examples that make any sense;

Using the word any is nearly always wrong.

> you have no experience with the actual domain under discussion

and you are limited by your experience in the percieved domain under discussion.

> Even the question of whether pizza toppings are ordered
> or not makes more sense than the stuff you come up with.

Your senses are limited to pizza toppings.

> Instead of making up new meanings for existing well-defined terms,
> howsabout you come up with a way to solve problems
> *people actually have* that's better than what they have now?

Some with limited minds, don't even realize the problems they have and can't be helped? Received on Sat Jul 17 2004 - 23:09:34 CEST

Original text of this message