Re: A Normalization Question

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:07:44 GMT

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4b45d3ad.0407140839.77146800_at_posting.google.com...
> Suppose, the world is taken oven by Islam and
> they desire every string in a computer to be spelled backwards thus
> 'brown' needs to be updated to 'nworb'.

I consider it telling that all the examples you come up with are nonsensical. WTF does "John obeys army" mean? How come your missing-data examples involve people with two different color eyes? "'brown' is a string" is a proposition?

Have you ever had a job that involved data management? Clearly not, which is why you don't have any examples that make any sense; you have no experience with the actual domain under discussion. Even the question of whether pizza toppings are ordered or not makes more sense than the stuff you come up with.

Instead of making up new meanings for existing well-defined terms, howsabout you come up with a way to solve problems *people actually have* that's better than what they have now?

Marshall Received on Wed Jul 14 2004 - 20:07:44 CEST

Original text of this message