Re: Is Ingres yet relational?

From: Laconic2 <laconic2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:18:55 -0400

"Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corsetti Dutra" <leandro_at_dutra.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:pan.2004.05.28.12.47.42.4270_at_dutra.fastmail.fm...
> > Probably, but programmers hate to read the code of other programmers.
>
> I submit to their own loss... and that it quite depends on the
> quality of other programmers' code.

Agreed.

There is much to be learned from reading examples of good code. There is even something to be gained by reading certain negative examples of bad code.

If we trained new programmers in the practice of reading code, guided them to code that is worth reading, and trained them to write code worth reading as well as compiling, we would produce a more mature industry. Received on Sun May 30 2004 - 16:18:55 CEST

Original text of this message