Re: Ah, but who has better parties?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_mail.ocis.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:49:37 -0700

alfredo_at_ncs.es (Alfredo Novoa) wrote:

>On Tue, 18 May 2004 15:26:01 -0700, Gene Wirchenko
><genew_at_mail.ocis.net> wrote:
>
>>> But incredible as it may be, there are still people coding
>>>navigationally down here.
>>
>> Even more so, some will claim that xBASE can not do SQL.
>
>xBASE only has a very limited subset and the performance is very poor.

     That depends on the implementation. I use Visual FoxPro. I find the performance quite satisfactory.

>> I do use navigational xBASE myself. For some areas, it works
>>better.
>
>Because the SQL support is really poor.

     No, because there are some things that can be done very easily with a set approach (SQL: one xBASE paradigm) and others that are easier with a record-oriented approach (the other xBASE paradigm).

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.