Re: Wishing trolls away

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:17:13 +0200

Paul wrote:

> Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
>

>> I'd suggest downloading a commercial freebie and playing with it. Go
>> to www.u2ug.org and look for the links to the IBM download pages. The
>> denizens of comp.databases.pick are friendly if you need any help.

> OK I'm looking at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/
> What's the essential difference between UniData and UniVerse?
> It's not quite clear to me from the specs.

 From the FAQ at
http://www.u2ug.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=2#1

     · What are the differences between UniVerse and UniData?

     Coming soon!

> I see they are both touted as "extended relational databases", that's
> guaranteed to annoy some on this list! :)

Now why would that be? :-)

> OK, I'll have a look at Maverick as well.

At http://mav.sourceforge.net I could not find wether / how Maverick relates to RM / SQL databases (not even in the FAQ). From what I read it effectively ignores them. Does anybody know if this is deliberate, if so, why? Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 12:17:13 CEST

Original text of this message