Re: Wishing trolls away

From: Anthony W. Youngman <wol_at_thewolery.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 01:03:47 +0100

In message <40a5ee2d$0$566$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl>, mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> writes
>> OK, I'll have a look at Maverick as well.
>
>At http://mav.sourceforge.net I could not find wether / how Maverick
>relates to RM / SQL databases (not even in the FAQ). From what I read
>it effectively ignores them. Does anybody know if this is deliberate,
>if so, why?

(a) it's not even at version 1 yet. If we haven't got MV properly sorted, we're surely not going to tackle relational !!!

(b) It's designed to use ANY db as its backing store - including relational. Although whether that means you can use the backing db's access tools to access the MV data, I don't know. It wouldn't surprise me if that db sees the data as a "blob".

Cheers,
Wol

as Lies-to-People.