Re: Wishing trolls away

From: Paul <paul_at_test.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 10:47:04 +0100

Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
> I'd suggest downloading a commercial freebie and playing with it. Go to
> www.u2ug.org and look for the links to the IBM download pages. The
> denizens of comp.databases.pick are friendly if you need any help.

OK I'm looking at: http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/u2/ What's the essential difference between UniData and UniVerse? It's not quite clear to me from the specs.

I see they are both touted as "extended relational databases", that's guaranteed to annoy some on this list! :)

> And yes there are various free(ish) Pick-style systems. I hesitate to
> point you at them if you plan to do any performance comparisons, because
> they're young, not yet version 1, and not yet really up to strength.

OK, I'll have a look at Maverick as well.

Paul. Received on Sat May 15 2004 - 11:47:04 CEST

Original text of this message